Agnostic.com

3 3

What styles / genres of music do you listen to; or, if you're a musician, do you play?

Myself? Punk rock predominantly. Some metal, plus ska, reggae, rockabilly, psychobilly, and 80s new wave. Recently, I've been on a huge 70s power pop kick- Flamin Groovies, early Cheap Trick, Shoes, Undertones, etc. I play bass in an 80s / 90s cover band, and guitar in a rockabilly / punk group (Roxtar and Gas Can Alley, respectively, if anyone's in south central Wisconsin). Working on getting an old band of mine, a politically leftist melodic death metal band (Mother Noose) back together after several members moved away.

SaintChris 5 Jan 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I always grew up listening to a lot of pure instrumental stuff, and my avid love of videos games growing up only reinforced that. Strong melodies,having the instruments do all the work unobstructed by what could be questionable/bad lyrics, picking apart of song one instrument at a time on repeat plays. It's that solid foundation that I love. Guilty Gears sound track can stand toe to toe with some of the best rock and metal 😛

Now I don't mind vocals, listen to plenty of music of almost all genres, but if there is one thing that can sour my experience is bad singing. Can't say I'm fond of modern day popular music though, derivative crap that has no real impact on me. I'm cool with most classic music from prior decades.

@Juli15 - Right on! Music these days is regarded as a product more than an art. I'm open to any music that's real. Dam straight about Cole Porter.
@SaintChris - I enjoy playing jazz and swing music mostly. I dig most any of the good stuff regardless of the genre.

I am not a fan of the music that people my age listen to . I enjoy music from my parents time and before ,Ella Fitzgerald ,Judy Garland, Cole Porter, Irving Berlin etc, I also appreciate classical music and jazz and like 50s 60s 70s And Some 80s artists . People my age are not aware of what good music is ,they were brainwashed into it by their peers . Cole porters lyrics were beautiful, like fine poetry, not like the disposable music of today

They were brainwashed by corporate attitude and corporate-influenced (and owned) media........

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:13557
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.