Agnostic.com

4 6

Humanist/Ethical Culture in DC

Anyone live in the DC area and attend/belong to ethical culture or humanist organizations? I want to get my grandchildren involved since they go to church with their other grandparents. I guess I want equal influence! 🙂

GreatNani 8 July 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

A lot of people consider walks in natural areas a substitute for church. It sounds like you're looking for something more organized though, with other people involved.

I think you are doing a great thing..I wish you the best with it.

I just left the area... I always recommend Dancing... it is an activity that can be used until your end of time. Teaches social skills no longer practiced. Music teaches discipline and there is no shortcuts or prayers... you do or you don't. Plenty of organizations. EX GF used to teach for Joy of Motion...bad management last couple years lowered their use but they are trying to return to the days when First Lady Michelle Obama used them to promote Culture.

how old are the grandchildren and do you get equal time with them if so just find fun secular activities so you become the fun grandparent just an idea

weeman Level 7 July 24, 2018

They are 3 and 15 months. I am probably over reacting. But I have a visceral reaction to fake religious people. And her other grands are such phonies. I do have lots of time with them. Perhaps I am worrying for nothing.

@GreatNani probably kids according to recent studies pick up on disingenuous behaviour from about the age of 3 just keep your interactions true and fun and try not to be to negative about the other ones to the kids bad for them if they feel in the middle of some stuff beyond there ability to do anything about it but i see your a teacher so this is probably not news to you 🙂

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:138353
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.