Agnostic.com

6 1

QUESTION Zuma spacecraft launched by SpaceX is lost after failing to reach orbit - Jan. 9, 2018

The spacecraft, called Zuma, launched at 8 p.m. Sunday from Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in Florida aboard a SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket.

But the spacecraft apparently did not separate as it was supposed to from the upper stage of the rocket and did not reach a stable orbit, according to a U.S. administration official and two sources who were briefed on the matter.

JesusOrtega21 5 Jan 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Info on the Falcon Heavy static fire later on!

[spaceflightnow.com]

Just as an update, SpaceX CEO has called all allegations false and the rocket performed exactly as expected, they are now preparing to test fire Falcon Heavy on Wednesday (10th 00:00 GMT).

Are they doing a live broadcast? I've been waiting to see the falcon heavy in action. Post a link if you find one. Their website is always buggy on my phone.

@SocraticAddict I believe the static fire will be broadcast, I will post link nearer the time!

@Zoidburg it's hard to convey the joy it brings me to find a fellow spacex enthusiast. Even on this site. Not to say others don't share our nerdom , but I'm mildly losing my shit right now. P.s. no judgement I'm drunk so judge me.

@Zoidburg I said no judgement and don't judge in the same statement. I realize this and stand true to its premise.

@SocraticAddict Haha mate I've watched nearly every launch live! Musk's biggest fan, SpaceX's biggest fan! Lol

@SocraticAddict Good effort on the booze, what are you drinking?

@SocraticAddict [spaceflightnow.com]

@Zoidburg thanks! Looks like it's pushed to tomorrow. Was doing work on an old bottle of vodka I had for months now. Got over zealous lol. Paying my dues today :[

@SocraticAddict Good stuff! Yeah pushed back tomorrow, 6 hour window starting 1pm Eastern

Wow! One billion dollars gone. I hope they built two Zumas.

A bit in agreement with @Zoidburg. You mean the super secret mission with super secret payload failed after spacex has successfully launched over 40 falcon 9 missions? Call me mildly skeptical on this one. I will point out I didn't look very deep into this and it wouldn't make a lot of since for spacex to agree to a secret cover up that would give it bad press, but if the bid was high enough...

Or their license depended on it...

exuma ... a lovely island in the bahamas

exuma is what they do when someone questions the cause of your mothers death.

Haha and you believe that?!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:13929
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.