Agnostic.com

18 6

Smoking

Are you a smoker or non smoker?
Would you date a smoker?
Why? Why not?

Today is my 8 year non smoking anniversary and one of my hard limits is I will not date a smoker. The idea of kissing a smoker makes me sick to my stomach which makes me appreciate my ex husband a little bit since he never complained about it.

Crimson67 8 Jan 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

18 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Strangely, cigarette kills me, cigars don't. No idea why!

Smoking is a deal breaker for me, as is any tobacco use. Grosses me out!

cigarettes are an adult soother. I can't afford them for starters. I do love the occasional joint . I would however kiss a smoker so long as it was long and slow and hot as hell. Of course I may never get the chance !

Never smoked anything ever. Have always hated second hand smoke. And I hate the smell of cigarette smoke on clothes so no, smoking is one of my absolute gamebreakers

I air breathe and will never knowingly kiss an ashtray of a human mouth FIRE BREATHING DRAGON tobacco is dope and I support medical ROPE smokers coping with disease or trauma

I never smoked tobacco or weed (even though I'm only two generations removed from tobacco farmers) and I think it might be a challenge to date anyone who did, I just wouldn't be used to the smoke.

I can't stand that smell. However, if the person does not smoke in front of me, I have no issues.

Well.... I smoke outside the house. Never smoked inside my house... always outside. Only smoke in my truck...not in my wife's toys.

Congrats, I quit in 95.
At the store typecast, I saw someone by a carton of cigarettes for $75..
CAN YOU IMAGINE...

You mean cigarettes....lol hahaha

Congratulations quiting smoking is very hard to do. I just it 36 years as a non smoker and every once in awhile I get the urge. Crazy. I used to say it must be like kissing an ash tray to keep me motivated.

Non smoker here. I smoked weed in my misspent youth and for the record if it becomes legal here I probably would again. But it's all about the kissing. From a personal freedom perspective smoke if you want but I find it unattractive.

Non smoker here. I smoked weed in my misspent youth and for the record if it becomes legal here I probably would again. But it's all about the kissing. From a personal freedom perspective smoke if you want but I find it unattractive.

I quit 4 years ago. I don't think I could kiss a smoker either.

I have never smoked and I am in the category full non-smoker. However, it occurred to me dating smokers (two so far) and, although the passive smoke makes me sick, a smoker partner is not annoying for the kissing part. What makes the real difference is packed cigarettes vs rolled tobacco. The tobacco used to roll cigarettes has less chemicals, thus more bearable for no smokers. On the other hands, what annoys me are their habit: smoking in your house with the window open (no matter what, it gets in anyway). Ditching conversations because they have to take a puff. For instance, my mom is big smoker and, every time I go home, I let her freeze, because I have the necessity opening all the windows to let some fresh air in.
In conclusions, if you have a smoker partner and they love you, kindly ask them to switch to rolled cigarettes. Hammering them with an argument you won't even win, namely asking them to quit, is useless. But you can reduce effects on you and it's better taking actions and make some rules from the very beginning. This is the way I do.

i gave up smoking once-lasted 20 minutes! i actually enjoy it

I quit a little over a year ago, I've tried for years and failed.

My doc gave me a prescription for Chantix and I quit in a little over a month.

I can instantly smell a smoker if I just walk past someone in a store, the idea of kissing a smoker would turn my stomach.

I hadn't thought about the possibility of finding a nice atheist woman I really like just to find out she smokes, so thanks for that. 😉

@witchymom It did upset my stomach slightly whenever I smoked, but that just made want to quit even more. I wish they had that stuff 20 years ago.

Ex-smoker here. I gave up four years ago after trying for ages with sheer will power, patches and gum - finally kicked my 25-year habit with the aid of an e-cig. Personally, I would still date a smoker, but I'd have to really, really like her!

The best thing about giving up in my opinion (well, along with being slightly less likely to die a slow, painful death gasping for every breath) is not having ashtrays around the house. I never noticed when I was a smoker, but they absolutely reek - I know if there's one in a house as soon as I walk in now.

Jnei Level 8 Jan 9, 2018

My house must of stunk because I did! I had only one rule - never, ever smoke in front of a child, in the hope they'll grow up thinking it's a weird thing to do.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:13962
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.