Agnostic.com

2 1

I recommend this book. On one hand, it's a riot. On the other it's scary how many people think a book with disturbing messages is acceptable at all, much less acceptable for children! If you don't listen to the voices in your head - and sometimes the voices in other people's heads - you will be tortured and/ or die a violent death. All this talk of bullying and violence in this country, but you never hear people blame the Bible. Feel free to share your favorite examples of horrible verses and any that you did find you could share with your kids with a good conscious. I tried to be open minded, but it was a struggle.

empirical 6 July 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It's a very gritty book. There's lots of ugliness in it, as it reflects much of human life, which has been described in the past as 'nasty, brutish and short'.

To its credit, there is much beauty in it too, from the psalms, the Song of Solomon, King Solomon's dedication prayer in the temple and the apostle Paul's aspirational letters.

Okay. Let me go to a church meeting to see if they are active promoting The Verses of Satan or 50,000 Mephisto emails found or a Devil's Bible for the 21st Century. If you want to be an ATHEIST.... stop talking god, devil, religion, church, faith, bible, prayers, etc, etc, etc. I think as long you can not ignore what is not there but in your mind.... it is there! Waiving at you. Let the others that "see it clear" be. I am never bothered by church going people, do not ask me why.... I am tolerant at times. But you people discussing bible 24/7 are getting me god fatigue.... worse than trump news. Just be and let be, what is so hard to understand and carry on?... There is No Argument to Win or to Lose.... No god... end of the story. Enjoy a godless lovely weekend.

Kind of like how you cane in here and started whining about a post you didn't like. lol Take your own advice: stay out of the conversation if you don't like it and get over it. We'll talk about what we want.

@empirical All you guys do is Bitch and Whine 24/7 about the bible... that is not an atheist.... you can't get religion off your head. I will see you tomorrow bitching about the bible again. You can't live without god in your mouth.... church this, religion that, god the other.. you are still on soiled pampers. Unless you give up mentioning jesus you are nothing but a Christian in the wrong line. He, he, he. There is no god... you don't have to repeat after me.... that should be the end of it. He, he, he, ha.

@GipsyOfNewSpain You are the one whining. Shush and go enjoy your Saturday instead of being a mosquito in mine. Didn't even read your whole post. I'm prejudiced against trolls.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:141745
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.