Agnostic.com

4 1

QUESTION Podcast #113 — Consciousness and the Self

In this episode of the Waking Up podcast, Sam Harris speaks with Anil Seth about the scientific study of consciousness, where consciousness emerges in nature, levels of consciousness, perception as a “controlled hallucination,” emotion, the experience of “pure consciousness,” consciousness as “integrated information,” measures of “brain complexity,” psychedelics, different aspects of the “self,” conscious AI, and many other topics.

zblaze 7 Jan 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Waking Up is the best podcast out there IMO. Personally, I could give a shit less about the man's voice - I like his ideas and the vastly interesting guests he has on. (NDT does have an amazing voice though)

Looking forward to listening to this. I really like Harris' talks. I just wish his voice was more like Neil Degrasse Tyson's. Harris makes me want to fall asleep sometimes lol

Loved Harris book "Waking Up". The notion that our brains probably contain multiple consciousnesses is a trip. Thanks for sharing!

That's pretty interesting stuff. I'm waiting for my elexa to call out my name. That's going to spook me out. Artificial intelligence will probably be the next fronteer.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:14194
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.