Agnostic.com

1 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I subscribe to Popova's blog. Popova is very knowledgeable and her posts are fascinating. My only bitch is that with all her related links I sometime forget where the hell I started.

The art an artist makes, I think, is 2/3 driven by the society where the artist resides and 1/3 by the artist as an individual., where the individual is the derivative of a family, a community of close connections.

I also believe that justice is only possible and legitimate in a democracy but that art goes beyond justice and democracy because it creates intensities of feelings organized in works capable of communicating insights that resonate to the center of our being. The center of our being as the locus of narratives/roles that shape our lives and form our self-identity.

cava Level 7 July 29, 2018

I agree with all of that. And I subscribe to Popova's blog as well.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:142036
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.