Agnostic.com

5 1

Belief in a deity vs. Spiritualism

Why do “religious people”, in the traditional sense, seem oblivious to people who do not believe in a deity but rather spiritualism in general?

Dan1947 6 July 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Don't believe that it is about religious beliefs. People don't always empathize that well. If it doesn't match their current beliefs it will be foreign to them.

Also, perhaps show at least some skepticism of spiritualism if it is devoid of empirical evidence.

CK-One Level 6 July 29, 2018

I think it depends on the person. As belief in deity magic decreases the acceptance of something else grows. reasonable people have reasonable beliefs.

comet Level 1 July 29, 2018

Someone already beat me to it but religious people are oblivious to anything that isn’t about their religion. Which is one of the issues I have with religious people.

One of the main reasons I consider myself the way I do is because I have no idea what’s out there.

Leo716 Level 6 July 29, 2018

Both are a waste of time as far as im concerned.

both magic both shit

weeman Level 7 July 29, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:142634
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.