Agnostic.com

1 1

So is anyone else out there a fan of Modesty Blaise? One of the things I love about the series is Modesty and Willie's deep friendship. Never a romantic relationship, but one of deep devotion nonetheless.

I also love the colorful characters that Peter O'Donnell populated that world with. And despite the fact that Modesty and Willie had to thwart some very evil individuals, O'Donnell clearly had a positive attitude towards most people. Modesty and Willie encountered a wide variety of well meaning and conscientous people.

Epic-curious 5 Jan 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Read a few. Liked them. One of the first strong female characters that made an impression when I was young.

And the thing that still sticks out is that she is never reliant on any man. Both Willie Garvin and Sir Gerald care deeply about her, but it is still a relationship of equals.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:14264
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.