Agnostic.com

6 0

So what exactly is the FWB situation? On another post, women are talking about how this is what they want, but what is it? What is expected from participants? Do they each have the same expectations? Is it exclusive? Is it promiscuous? Is there a certain movie that one has to watch to understand FWB? Looking for female and male replies on this. What part of the “relationship”is fulfilling? What’s your opinion, experience, etc?

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I tried FWB and just couldn't get into it. The sex felt compromised and so did the friendship. Some people can disconnect their feelings from sex; I can't. I don't have to be in a serious relationship, but there has to be a connection. And then the friendship gets weird with the sex... Interestingly though, I wouldn't count it out, if it was the right person at the right time.

So this is the very long list of people's definitions of FWB. I wonder what it would look like before the movie came out? We could check dates. As so many of these assume the woman gets hurt, I am going to surmise that that is what happens in the movie. I remember liking definitions 19 and 23, but otherwise I was not really paying attention to numbers.

This is really fun. I liked 19 and 23 and then I stopped keeping track.

[urbandictionary.com]

So there IS a movie? Did it introduce this concept?

@NothinnXpreVails No it did not. I find it annoying that it exists. The word has been around I am quite sure before it was proposed to me . In about 2003. I said no.It was guys who i suggested friends as I rejected any kind of romance. So they said FWB and what I think.. on their case was fuck buddies.

Both responses by Kissed and Sally are both responsible respectful understandable and readily accepted.

When I say very similar things to my dating preferences, which is in plain sight right there in my bio, I get all kinds of crap.
From,
You're just a pig
Women want more than that.
You're just using women.
You're a selfish dick.
You're manipulating.
That's abusive.
Afraid of commitment?
And one of my favorites I got here...
You're old and ugly no wonder you can't get a woman.

Some of you ladies can be a little rough. Ouch.

But on the other hand there are great women both here on this site and I am acquainted with locally with similar views and we get along fine.

So the battle of the sexes rages on.

I read your profile. Really sorry you've gotten bashed like that. I found nothing out of the way or rude. Just straight forward and honest. My gawd, who wants to do that high school ritualistic bs again... we're adults. We should be able to come out and say, "I find you attractive and the chemistry is there but..."I need more time to be comfortable being in such a vulnerable position with you or we need need to speed this up, I have condoms in my purse or ffs just be an adult and embrace it. as for "women need more than that..." more than what, exactly? shoot, I'd love to have friends who have skills I can learn. I read "house mover" and thought... like packing and moving stuff... not packing and moving the whole house. Thats kinda awesome! I've seen it being done but never had the experience of being a part of it. (I'd kinda like to move my house...and pull a new one up in its place, but thats a different story 😀 )

@SallyInStitches

I'm retired from business now but the company I developed would take all types of threatened architecture apart lay it flat on trailers drive it 1000 miles and put it back together again.

Now a days I just give them away to folks willing to do the part my crews use to do. My intent is to help poor folks beat the con job that is Capitalism. You don't need a mortgage rent a great credit score anyone's permission or even money to get move and live in a free house for the rest of your life allowing you and your heirs to live without that burden to maybe excel in a avocation you love. Do you know anybody that wants a house so bad they'll do carpentry?

@Anonbene wish I did. I'm working on my own house now. Sealing the tin roof...if it ever stops raining...& fixing gutters. I am learning about tile & plan to retile my kitchen & utility room in the fall. I have to get a pipe cutter to take out a piece of collapsed galvanized pipe coming out my kitchen & splice in replacement pipe. I inherited my mom's house & she didnt do much w/it.

@SallyInStitches
As a younger man and had we been friends you could have gotten all that fixed just for walking around topless. ?

Friends with Benefits is with no commitment but similar to married couples in an open relationship I'd say.

The definition of "friends with benefits" varies based on the people and situation.

Top Definition by Urban Dictionary

"Two close friends who think it would be fun to have sex with each other again and again. Until one falls in love and gets their heart broken when the other doesn't want a relationship."

-or-

"Two friends who have a sexual relationship without being emotionally involved. Typically two good friends who have casual sex without a monogamous relationship or any kind of commitment."

The second. ?

For me, my FWB is first & foremost a friend. We do things together that don't involve sex, we have mutual, non-sex interests. We were friends before sex entered the picture. They've been to my house. I've been to theirs. We've broken bread together. There is a foundation relationship there before sex showed up. I tend to need an emotional attachment for sex to be satisfying.

Biggest issue is when 1 of us catches deeper feelings...that had to be discussed & negotiated.

Its not a 1 night stand or a hit-it-&-get-it situation where last names arent exchanged.

Right on Sally.

Perfect. That is exactly my plan. When you look it up,the majority of people seem to think the female usually gets hurt, but I bet that is what happens in the movie with the title and everyone learned it from the movie. I will fetch the whole list in a sec.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:143497
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.