Agnostic.com

8 6

LINK Sleep Scientist Warns Against Walking Through Life 'In An Underslept State' : NPR

For anyone not getting 8 hours of sleep per day.
NPR's Fresh Air

bingst 8 July 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm lucky if I get 5

My CPAP machine has a built in cell phone that reports my sleep data to a website for analysis every morning and lets me know how I'm doing.

Thoughts and Prayers for NPR and all zombies.

Guano psycho here when sleep dep. Have to tread carefully under those conditions.

Qualia Level 8 July 30, 2018

@markhawk1 in fairness sometimes it's hysterical, most of the time just embarrassing or I completely misread something.
I avoid being sleep dep at all cost but that can be hard to do in some situations , e.g. if something is super early in the a.,m. worse still if it's something exciting. I didn't sleep much the week before picking up my dog- was lucky the breeder didn't think I was crazy when we spent the night at her house.
I can laugh about that now, but it was scary.

Oh boy, I usually don't get a solid eight hours of sleep in... Usually seven, but not eight.

Undersleeping wreaks absolute havoc on every aspect of a person. Oversleeping does the same thing. Sleeping in a noisy area also has a significant impact. Sleeping without firm back support is also bad. Falling asleep can be voluntary and manualized by lying dead still, or automatic, due to tiredness. When people cannot sleep, they also refuse to rest by watching a movie, or something.

Sleep can go wrong in so many ways, that it becomes very hard for a person to always get good sleep.

Does the system respect the human need for sleep? Hell no. Our jobs and schools would have us up late at night because our culture in the US sucks.

Sleep would be lovely.

As if it is a choice. I would live to sleep longer. Just not sure how to manage it, how to make it happen.

I know what you mean. Anxiety tends to screw up my sleep too often. If I have to get up to urinate, I usually can't just go back to sleep.

@bingst yeah it started about 15 years ago and I haven't recovered yet. Seems I never will.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:143602
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.