Agnostic.com

3 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Single payor no profit health care.

Yeah, when you have medicine for profit, it is actually more profitable to keep people sick than to make them well. Tht is why we spend more on medicine in this country per capita than any other country in the world, yet rate pretty low in average health.

I heard estimated saving associated with switching to 'Medicare for All' range from $600 billion to $17 Trillion. Bernie took the $2 Trillion dollar figure. The very end of the Mercatus report, Axio says,

"Medicare for All' would actually slightly reduce the total amount we pay for health care."

cava Level 7 July 31, 2018

How much is saved would depend on how fr it is taken. How much of the medicine for profit model do we want to keep? I'd do away with medicine for profit entirely.

In some European countries doctors are paid by how healthy they keep their patients, instead of only getting paid when they are sick. Ihave felt on more than one occassion that return visits to the doctor had more to do with their making more money on another visit than it did about keeping me healthy

Under the present system in the U.S., when you are cured the doctor stops making money. So where is the incentive to get you well?

Good!

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:144495
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.