Agnostic.com

7 0

I’ve noticed less “autocorrect” of my typing on this site (compared to texting for example). I have to be more careful which is kind of nice. I also think autocorrect makes it harder to be clever with language. If I wanted to call the study of leather suedoscience I would normally have to override an autocorrect. So what’s your opinion on autocorrect? And of course you can explain in comments. (I hope... I haven’t done a poll before.)

• 6 votes
  • 7 votes
PhitDoctor50 7 Jan 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

On a computer, I think auto correct is more of an add-on app to your browser.

It’s got issues for sure, but I’ll admit I can’t spell every word I want to say. I’d rather not be under the impression that words are off limits if you don’t know their sequence. I know I’m not the only one that does not know how to spell everything.

I appreciate "suggestions" but really get pissed when it changes a word I typed after I have typed a couple more words. I often miss this unless I go back amd proof it. Also, I find that autocorrect has a limited vocabulary.

I don't know I'm dyslexic

Duck it, I say!

I you use Chrome, it will auto-correct in text boxes even if the site doesn't have it... 🙂

Well uh we uh don't do no fancy autocorrectin' here sorry.

Admin Level 8 Jan 11, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:14498
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.