Agnostic.com

9 1

What disease would you cure?

If given full liberties in expenses with the premise that one disease will be cured, which disease would you choose?

MyLiege 7 Jan 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It's one of those questions that doesn't work without context because it would depend on how broadly diseases were defined. Is cancer a single disease or a single type? If the latter, would that be by location (breast, lung etc) or histology (adenocarconoma, squamous cell carcinoma)? Is addiction a single disease, or just alcohol or heroin addiction?

So I like skado's answer - "aging" covers the majority of serious diseases as many are wholly or largely occurring in older people (especialy cancers).

Obesity

Psychopathy. The trickle done effect would be huge. We could do an awful lot about the rest if we did not have psychopaths in positions of power and influence.

Kimba Level 7 Jan 12, 2018

Aging.

skado Level 9 Jan 12, 2018

I would cure by prevention most diseases by replacing polluters technology with green jobs

Cancer and AIDS are obvious choices (especially for cancer- how many subtypes of cancer are there. For selfish reasons, i'd add Type 1 Diabetes.

@SaintChris I concur.

Ignorance.

Malaria: We've been trying to cure it for the past hundred years with only short-lived luck. And it still kills nearly half a million annually.

Diabetes

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:14602
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.