Agnostic.com

2 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Interesting article. America does seem to be a bit of an outlier, which I think has more to do with the tax status of religious organisations and the way they compete for followers than anything else.

Many of our founding colonists were religious extremists escaping real and imagined persecution in the Old World. Also, they were crazy and/or desperate enough to take the risks involved in hopes of finding the freedom to believe (and behave) however they wished. For example, the freedom to set up quasi-theocratic city-states (although for various reasons this did not last, it seems they still dream of a theocratic-leaning federal government).

Yes in my travels around the world, I have found that Americans are very religious and get very angry and defensive about when asked about passages in the bible which most of the time they have not red.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:146544
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.