Agnostic.com

2 0

Has anyone else had their wisdom teeth removed? I did, many tears ago when I was still in the USN, by a total butcher. I was given only lidocaine during the procedure, (I had 3 wisdom teeth & 2 were impacted), & no pain medication after. Was the most pain I had ever experienced until I had UPPP surgery many years later to cure sleep apnea.

phxbillcee 10 Jan 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Had all 4 pulled same day, two impacted, in Montreal in the late '70s. Needed no after-surgery meds and jaw was only a little sore. Guess I was very, very lucky compared to the horror stories I've heard. Sorry you all had a hard time.

No, I had yet another molar removed about 5 years ago, told dentist now to worry, it would finally leave enough room for wisdom teeth to come through,(I was 55), he said nope. That is a 3rd set of molars, so at this rate my wisdom teeth are still about 30 years off, they are there in the x-ray, but other teeth in front of them. I am on my 3rd set of eye teeth as some were removed when I was about 11, for over crowding. I don't get anesthetic for most dental work, only big extractions. I had sinuses scrapped without anesthetic when I was 14.
Most pain ever, was walking on a stone fish about 8 years ago.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:14678
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.