Agnostic.com

2 3

If I've categorized this incorrectly, please forgive me. There is a mix of stuff here.

If Atheism had an anthem, I'd choose this one:

"Indictment" by All That Remains, if you're into metal.

My favorite verses:

"Don't let me follow in the foot steps
I won't embrace these wrong ideals
This thirst for violence, domination
It only serves your wrong beliefs

This is my indictment of your beliefs
This is my indictment of what you hold dear"

It sings exactly the way I feel about religion. If religion had a face, I'd stab it 99 times and leave it to suffer just like it did me. Religion is a sick and twisted belief system that plagues the mind. It paralyzes people into thinking they need an invisible "omnipotent" being to live through life. All it does is teach violence, sexism, racism, slavery, rape, and giving up basic human rights.

Religion wants people to be stupid. It raises dependent, arrogant asshole who only cater to people who believe the same way. It teaches elitism and bigotry.

Yeah, I am so angry that I had been fooled all these years wasting my life with Christianity. I have been betrayed and it had brought me nothing but anxiety and depression. I see what is doing to my loved ones. I can't convince them, so I let them suffer. It's hard being the only one awake in your family. Thankfully, my husband is realizing now that Christianity and all religion is bullshit.

Long live science, research, common sense, reasoning, and the fact that there is this thing in your head called a brain that is very intelligent! It thinks!!! Lol

I'm glad I found this community. Thank you for existing. Thank you for letting me vent.

-Cat

CatiValti23 6 Jan 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Vent whenever you need, Cati, we're here for you!

Thank you! I really like this community!

that was relaxing

I'm glad you liked it! 🙂

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:14871
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.