Agnostic.com

7 1

Cooking with seasoning

On average while cooking, which do you prefer?

• 7 votes
  • 2 votes
  • 13 votes
  • 5 votes
WeaZ 7 Aug 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Good old olive oil, salt and black pepper are my mainstays and work with almost everything I eat.

It depends on what I'm cooking. If the recipe uses chopped onion, I use that but might add a little onion powdwer as well. I use pre-diced garlic as well as garlic powder. Of course, that just the tip of the spice icebert (spiceberg?). Though I'm only an amateur at cooking I'm trying to learn how to use a wider variety of herbs and spices.

Garlic and onion powder taste chemical and nasty. Never use them.

I vastly prefer using fresh garlic and onions. It's not hard. Cooking with fresh, whole natural foods is better for you and tastes better.

If there were some horrible accident and I didn't have onions/garlic cloves in the cabinet...I suppose I'd use the powders. But, truly, I'd most likely go to the store and buy the real deals!

I use gobs of fresh onions & garlic, but I do use dried spices too. different chili peppers, dried herbs, different spices but I love to cook so I have an extensive spice rack.

My best dish this year has been Indian butter goat.

Though honestly I'd prefer fresh garlic, and onion to anything powdered any day.

For sure on that. I have been castigated be a lady friend for my use of "too" much onion and pepper in the food I cook. She is no longer a lady friend. her loss.

@starwatcher-al I suppose. Then again castigated is quite harsh compared to a mere complaint, so if she went that far then definitely her loss.

If I cut out those who didn't like my spicier cooking I'd have very few friends. 😛
Besides I find it as a fun challenge to cook to another persons palate, and watch their eyes light up with each enjoyable bite.

Fresh ingredients win every single time. Make a pasta sauce with canned tomatoes and dried spices compared to one with fresh tomatoes, basil, oregano, parsley, garlic, and some diced white onion. You'll scoff at canned sauce for the rest of your life. 🙂

Along with other spices and herbs that go with whatever meat I am cooking.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:149557
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.