Agnostic.com

9 1

This Site and "Levels".

Does anyone else find this site's design around "levels and leveling up" annoying?
This is not a video game!

Maxisimo 4 Jan 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I actually really like the point system. Especially at a time when they were trying to grow the site. It indicates who's active and who's not. After level one, they are pretty meaningless, and you basically just have to fill out your profile to get to level 2. Its fun for those who enjoy it, and you can just ignore it otherwise.

To prevent spambots, scammers and riff-raff...

I like it, but I think if it doesn't interest you then ignore it?

It's a reward for being engaged in this community. Albeit, meaningless. At least it encourages members to involve themselves in the conversation.

Marz Level 7 Jan 14, 2018

I concur

I think the points put pressure on members to post, I don't always have a topic to post, or have a comment for others post's. I feel obligated to do so just to keep the points active.

I don't think the points deteriorate do they?

I agree, I pretty much ignore the levels. Who cares.

You're not alone with that opinion. It's a bit silly.

I'm not into it, and mostly ignore it. I think something more along these lines would be more useful: New (<100 pts), Newbie (<1000 pts), Veteran (anything over 1000 pts), with a dynamic modifier (based on recent activity) showing active members, for example "Active Newbie."

It gets us talking and for those here to meet others, it helps them get to know each other. No prize for posting. No penalty for not. Do whichever you want.

I think the penalty is not having access to members to a number of members until you reach a higher level.

@Maxisimo Can't say that I noticed not having access. You may be surprised at the number of interesting subjects that pop up. Enjoy yourself.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:15059
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.