Agnostic.com

4 2

Book that made me feel dumb:
The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
I feel like I'm missing something about this "great" mystical journey into spirituality! I mean, I can read fiction stories about religious experiences and find them perfectly enjoyable, but this book was just the WORST for me. Anyone enjoy this book, or can anyone explain it from a secular point of view? 🙂

Jenelle 6 Jan 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Doing drugs or creating cult victims by L Ron Hubbard deliberately dumb down people NOT YOUR FAULT alchemists like Isaac Newton are not universally scorned

Nope ....but it might be like reading LSD like Carlos Castenada. ...many writers have mastered hallucinatory fiction ALTERED STATES movie I think was William Hurt

I read the book and now have to say that my time would have been better spent watching paint dry. I have to add that had the paper been soft I might have found another use for it.

Paulo Coelho is a dumbass. I had no idea his trash leaked out of Brazil, my apologies.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:15128
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.