Agnostic.com

3 2

LINK Your everyday Republican has some galling views - The Washington Post

I'm cutting and pasting some things here, just in case you can't access the article. B/c they are so enraging:
43 percent of self-identified Republicans said they believed “the president should have the authority to close news outlets engaged in bad behavior.”
When asked if President Trump should shut down The Post, CNN and the New York Times, 23 percent of Republicans said yes.
In a Yahoo Finance-SurveyMonkey poll conducted from July 25 to 27, 11 percent of the Republicans surveyed said it would be “appropriate” for Russia to interfere in the midterm elections if it helped their party keep control of Congress, and 29 percent said it would not be “a big deal.” Yes, a majority of Republicans (55 percent) opposed the idea. But the fact that 40 percent of Republicans would be okay with Russian interference in a U.S. election if it helped their side speaks to a lack of allegiance to our democratic institutions.
Nearly a quarter of Republicans (22 percent) believe Trump tells the truth only “some of the time or less,” but more than half of that group still approves of the job he’s doing as president, according to an NBC News-SurveyMonkey online poll.Nearly a quarter of Republicans (22 percent) believe Trump tells the truth only “some of the time or less,” but more than half of that group still approves of the job he’s doing as president, according to an NBC News-SurveyMonkey online poll.
Trump tells the nation that his handling of the summit with Russian President Vladimir Putin in Helsinki was a great success. GOP leadership and 55 percent of Americans didn’t think so. But because Trump spoke those words, 71 percent of Republicans approved of his behavior, according to a Reuters-Ipsos poll.
Want more? While most Americans (59 percent) accepted the intelligence community’s findings that Russia interfered in the 2016 presidential campaign to help Trump, only 32 percent of Republicans agreed.

BookDeath 8 Aug 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This is Totally depressing! Fox News is Public Enemy #1 in my book, and so is privatization of education, insuring the next generation is even dumber and more gullible

Those 2 old guys have no excuse for being this stupid. They are more than old enough to remember the Soviet Union, so they are simple traitors. Republicans always complain about nothing being sacred, but their hypocrisy shines with something like this because embracing Russia over the US is not ok.

I think the word 'delusional' is an appropriate description of our republican friends.

I don't think they are. I think it is blatant self interest/percieved self interest. These are the folks who feel that treating workers poorly and cheating your business partners and customers are all "good business" because more money=winning in their worldview. They simply don't care about people other than perhaps those few closest to them.
We've been living in a society that rewards and glorifies psychopathic tendancies and behaviours. They are simply well adapted to the society we live in.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:152825
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.