Agnostic.com

9 0

Will water ever become a national problem?

Marine 8 Aug 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Many geologists have said that the Ogallala aquifer only has 30 years of water left. Also before that estimate is reached what is coming out of it will not be as nice as it currently is. We have also watched events where both the Rio Grande and Colorado rivers haven't made their way to the ocean.

This has been an ignored problem fo r at least 50 years already. It was a problem when I lived there 50 years ago, The people are just saying it won't be my problem I will be dead by then.I have actually heard people say this.

of course

It already is.

Ask Bangladesh - and, for an alternative take, several countries in Africa.

Jnei Level 8 Aug 11, 2018

Atmospheric water generators are starting to appear on the market now for a few years. I predict it will become a huge market.

[ecoloblue.com]

skado Level 9 Aug 11, 2018

A lot of areas have plenty of water. People should live there instead of in deserts.

you mean like Flint Michigan?

@btroje, Flint, Michigan has plenty of water. The morons running the water system poisoned it.

@ldheinz so there is really a water crisis. I bet we could find plenty of other places that appear to have water but it is not suitable

@btroje, and my point was that we shouldn't be so environmentally irresponsible as to live in those places in problematic numbers.

Long term problem, yes. Short term, no. We have bottled water in every store in World. Maybe that's why water shortages occurred, it's all bottled up.

Yes. It is a problem in the SW now.

California has areas that are having current problems with a lack of ground water. As ice fields melt and mild winters produce little snow, ground water is going to be reduced in significant amounts and this needs to be addressed now.Winter runoffs need to be saved in reservoirs and water pipelines need to be constructed to areas that have little to no ground water. Water will become an important commodity as the climate change gets worse causing drought in some places and excess rain in others. The government needs to be addressing this problem today as it will become a large problem in the near future.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:153032
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.