Agnostic.com

3 0

Are you for or against Electoral College?

I am against it on the simple fact that the definition of a true democracy is:

Individual liberty. freedom of choice.

Majority Rule with Minority Rights

Power and civic. responsibility are exercised by all adult citizens.
Free elections. Elections are free and open to all citizens of voting age each individuals vote counts the same.

[newsmax.com]

CeciRosane60 7 Jan 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Against. One person, one vote. The way the electoral college works, the coasts get seriously screwed. The college is not evenly distributed (by population), currently favoring red states. Millions more would vote on the left coast if people thought their vote counted. It would increase participation and be fair. And Gore and Hillary would both have won, thus saving us from the two least intelligent and worst presidents in modern history.

Against...

I believe it has outlived its usefulness, but I doubt we'll see any real effort to abolish it anytime soon, too many political shenanigans to prevent it from being brought to the table.

Agreed. Although not an American. From what I read, the Electoral College and the Gerrymandering were once good tools to ensure that the population gets an equal say/share. But of course, as anything, they has can't stay static or in place if they stopped serving the population.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:15308
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.