Agnostic.com

5 4

All I've ever wanted was to live on my own independently. My birth parents gave me up. I was then adopted at the age of 2 from Vietnam. I had to endure 20 surgeries for my cleft lip. No kids I knew had to go through facial reconstruction surgeries, or end up with PTSD from it. I then developed mental illnesses. When I was 8-years-old, my disturbed adoptive dad molested me. I didn't understand what was happening then. I kept quiet like I was told to. When I was 16, I finally told my therapist. She reported it to DHS. They talked to me and investigated. My dad was forced from the home. He took the polygraph test and passed. I warned them my sister was in danger too. They said I lied and need to apologize to him. I then got sent to a treatment facility for kids with mental illnesses. After the 3 months there, I didn't want to go home. So I got sent into foster care. After 6 months, I was forced back to my adoptive parents. I was so scared. My dad once came into my room naked. I froze, and then told him to get out! I came up with a plan to become a problem at home, so they had to send me back to the treatment home. I wasn't safe at home with him there. No one would believe me if I said the things he was doing again. So, I got sent back to the facility until I graduated high school. I then got an apartment for myself and started college. My adoptive mom was diagnosed with breast cancer when I was a Senior. She later died Oct 11th, 2006. I became depressed and was cutting. My mom's sister forced me to move to CO and into group homes and assisted living centers at the age of 19. When I was 25, my sister came forward and said my dad did things to her too. My mom's side of the family believes us now. 2 years ago, I got out of an abusive relationship. An ex co-worker said I could talk to him about the continuous rapes from my ex. He then took advantage of me and raped me too. I reported it and got a restraining order. Which he violated. My 2 witnesses were my boss and another co-worker. When we all got subpoenas, my witnesses never showed. I went to get them, they told me they never got them. The courts said they did. I tried to get punishments for their not coming. They couldn't do it. It would've been warrants for their arrests if could've done it. (The witness co-worker was fired that day for a fight, and then put into jail. My boss later on quit.) The parole officer bailed too. I never got my trial. The case was dismissed and he was able to walk that day. Right after that, my aunt forced guardianship over me. She told the courts to never allow me to live on my own ever again. So, I am stuck in these places I don't need, the rest of my life. I get so envious of people that have normal lives and a loving family. None of my so called friends understand, except for one. She has known me for a long time now. Sorry for the peak into a crazy woman's life.

Sarahroo29 8 Jan 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Just going to say 2 things that through my long life have always worked for me. 1. Nobody has a perfect life. 2. There are always so many people much worse off than oneself, and it is not too hard to see...just look at the tv news channels now and again.

NZVee Level 4 Jan 15, 2018

I am saddened to hear of your difficult childhood. I hope you find happiness, peace and contentment.

i am sorry you have endured all this

It's fine. I'm used to it now.

Too much of pain so early in life. But you will survive. You are a fighter.

I totally misspelled peek.

@Sarahroo29 the purpose of communication was served despite the misspell

I am glad you survive YOU ARE NOT CRAZY the perpetrators in your life are the crazy criminals regardless of gender. ....perhaps your sister can help you win freedom

She has her own place with a friend. She's 4 years younger and her own guardian. I hate my life.

@Sarahroo29 Veterans For Peace my age cannot forget about Vietnam and you have been denied any memory of your birthplace. ...I have learned how not to hate my military life raped of my naural human innocence trained to kill in your country. ....such dichotomy fuels my political vision for PEACE THROUGH GREEN JOBS. ...find more venues for Feminism like our Atheism here on agnostic.com. ...your nearest women's shelter may give a referral online or telephone support and discussion and report all the abusers to them AND to the authorities they say are available to you when you are ready to prosecute perpetrators

@GreenAtheist I have my restraining order. So far he hasn't found me or followed me. He could be back in prison. After all, he was on parole. I left Vietnam when I was 2 years old. I have no memories of it.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:15341
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.