Agnostic.com

4 1

Does anyone else here have aphantasia? I just found out that I do.

jayneonacobb 7 Jan 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Thanks for the responses. I discovered that I had the condition by stumbling onto an article from discovery on Facebook. I had always assumed that terms like envision, mind's eye and count sheep were metaphors for concentration. Because I have had it since birth it has never really affected my day to day experiences in any negative way. In fact, since learning about my aphantasia I think it is what made me an artist, musician and writer. I also have a high IQ, which may be a result of the way I process and recall things. It's all kind of like a computer with no screen, or a camera that turns pictures into descriptions.

Sorry, partner, I have hyperphantasia. I can't begin to imagine life without images. How does it affect you in daily life?

What made you realize that. That'd be like a deaf man discovering he can't hear.

godef Level 7 Jan 15, 2018

I would think that could be a disadvantage on a lot of levels. How do you deal with it?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:15465
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.