Agnostic.com

5 2

The bible is so poorly written that it contradicts itself repeatedly so that those who take the bible literally cannot pick and choose what passages theywill live byrather they must agree to all passages even those that would cause them harm.

Marine 8 Aug 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

As a lifelong Atheist you can imagine how many times I’ve been told to “Read the bible.” So, assuming the oldest version I could find (with help) would be closer to ‘the truth,’ I tried.. Never have I read such a bloody, confusing and depressing compilation of supposed historical facts. It was punishing!

“Oh,” “But you read the wrong version” I’d be informed. “You need to read our….” Nope, I don’t. But I tried ~

Varn Level 8 Aug 14, 2018

Great reason not to take it literally.

skado Level 9 Aug 14, 2018

I like certain parts of the Old Testament especially the Song of Solomon and Book of Job.
St. Paul was a uniquely original thinker, parts of of his letters to the Romans are extradonary.

cava Level 7 Aug 14, 2018

What REALLY gets me is when people like sessions cherry pick their bible quotes to justify their evil shit.

The bible was written from hearsay over a long period of time by a number of different authors who added to the bible different concepts many of which contradict each other or conjure up foolish premises like the great flood killing everything on earth except Noah and his family.The book if god inspired is very poorly written and often confusing with passages that no one understands.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:155345
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.