Agnostic.com

5 1

Is it OK for us to say OMG?

I think it is, given that it means something unbelievable...

RichieO 8 Aug 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Jesus H Christ! You can say what you like..

It's a cultural hard wired thing..Nothing wrong with taken the lords name in vain..too hard to unwire that...so don't bother..?

@Stacey48

Well on this side of the pond it's defo Jesus H Christ..I must Google what the H stands for...I think it might be Hoax..??

It is an exclamation of astonishment. "Oh My God" is more a cultural colloquial euphemism, than it is exclaiming a belief in a deity.

Also, saying "Oh My God) is usign the lords name in vane, which is definitely breaking with religious doctrine... which is perfectly alright for atheists to do.

@RichieO Let's hope so.

@RichieO I have to admit that I have had to look up a lot of Acronyms to figure out what they meant. Google and Wikipedia are very useful.

Ilove that OMG/GMO story... I gave me a good laugh

OMG, yes it's okay! It's just an expression and most users don't associate it with praying to a deity. In due time that association will be forgotten altogether.

That said, the great thing about being us is that we can say whatever we want to. 🙂

Yes, it is just a sayIng.

Oh my garbage?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:155726
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.