Agnostic.com

1 2

I’m Done!!!

Papers submitted, final exams completed. I know I’ve passed two of my classes and I hope I’ve passed the third. Only one semester left and I graduate with an MSW!! Yay me!

helionoftroy 7 Aug 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yes , yeah , you ! Earning an education is a long slow process , time consuming , expensive , frustrating , and a lot of hard work . Sorry , I don't know what your Masters is in , I'm not familiar with an MSW . But best wishes and lots of good luck ! And I sincerely hope the field you're chosen to major in , will provide you with a sound income .

Masters in Social Work. It’s not a lucrative career but it’s a rewarding one. When I was deciding on going back to school I debated on IT, my brother, a computer engineer, laughed at me. Yeah, we both know I’m not IT material. I’m much better at humanities.

@helionoftroy After I'd been working for the Agency for about ten years , they finally decided to allow me to take the other portion of the CQB (Career Qualification Battery) test , which had originally only been given to the males of the species . Afterwards , they explained to me that while my very top score was to be a secretary , I additionally scored high in engineering . In fact my score was so high that , without having had any college courses , I was equivlent to a four year general college student . Engineering paid a lot better than secretarial wages .

@Cast1es so are you an engineer?

@helionoftroy In the end I majored in IFSM ( Information Systems Management - computers ) My classes included building projects - I recall one being a digital clock , and included etching a motherboard . soldering on the components , cutting and folding the shell . Mine worked , so after I completed it , when another student asked me to help him , I examined his and showed him where he had problems and once fixed , his worked as well , Then the little bully who had been harassing me all semester , asked for help as well . I helped him too , and when his worked , I told the man who had been riding me about being in a male orientated class all semester , welcome to the women's team ! He spotted me in the parking lot the following year , and came to tell me his clock was still working . At work I repaired and maintained computer boards for a time , later I moved on to setting up computer networks , then for the last ten years or so , I was the lab manager for a 5,000 Sq Ft computer lab .

@Cast1es that’s so awesome!! Woman power! I wish I had a math brain.

, @onlyduh yeah but you have amazing creative artistic talent that allows you to do what you love.

@helionoftroy Thank you . Being in a ,"man's ," field , meant there were always problematic men . It wasn't a matter of what I said or did , it was the fact that I was there and functioning well . I became better at verbal self defense .

@onlyduh I suggest , instead of passing him on to me , that you keep reading and learn how to defend yourself . Feed a man a fish ......

@onlyduh girls day trip to the beach tomorrow. Want to join us?

@helionoftroy Would love to , what country are you in ?

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:156949
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.