Agnostic.com

3 1

Is it a "Wonderful Life?

I always hated that movie "It's a Wonderful Life." The religious idealism that they have a guardian angel and that some spiritual being is out there guiding them, defies logic. We matter to each other, but not to the universe. The movie depicts life as being sad and negative if the main character had never lived. Even if a person has a very positive influence on people, their lives may have been even better if that person never existed.

daddy4pugs 7 Oct 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think that if you think in terms of cause and effect if it takes a thousand things to happen in order for the end result to occur then if one thing doesn't happen everything changes. Regardless of the religious bent on the story the end result remains true. You're here now. Who knows why. It's your choice to see it as it sucks or whatever. Get on with it, will ya?

SamL Level 7 Oct 28, 2017

For my dad, 89, it's the best Christmas movie he's ever watched and has been watching for the past 70 years.

I'm not a fan of Frank Capra and I see a lot of me in Jimmy Stewart and his character George.

Maybe I'll just watch Bruce Willis' 1986 Die Hard film for the nth time this Christmas.

I like A Christmas Story-"You'll shoot your eye out kid"

How about old man Scrooge? I can always relate to him

a wonderful life it has been. Soooo much fun and still more to be had. . See everything you can and try everything once at least. Meet as many people up close and personal as possible. lead by example

I absolutely agree. Get as much as possible out of life and make it good for others also. Of course, my question had more to do with he movie, but I do agree with you.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:1578
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.