Agnostic.com

7 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

"Private/for profit prisons" are PERFECT for the GROPER and his oligarch friends! Does anyone even inspect these places? What they're doing is creating hardened criminals among ''first timers''.

We can sure learn something from countries like Norway, Sweden and Denmark!

@McVinegar Yeah, sounds about right.

The American justice system is ridiculous and this business of keeping millions of people in jail for non violent offenses is an injustice in itself. That being said, if you are in jail, you shouldn’t be able to sit around watching tv all day. The costs of keeping people jailed are astronomical, let alone the court costs associated with these people. As most of them are using court appointed attorneys.

The big thing is the amount of people jailed for things like drug possesion . Why is that even a crime? People who are imprisioned should be working AND working through the problems that put them there in the 1st place, not being used as cheap labor that takes jobs from everyone else.

So are the crimes they committed. If they are fed.clothe and provided shelter and medical and a work 8 hrs a day they are being treated just fine.They should work for their crimes as they will never pay the ones they hurt so let them pay society.As for the private prisons i can see no reason for them to be used . The state is able to do this work and should not be paying someone a profit to take care of prisoners.

My son in law was in jail and because it was a for profit jail they took forever to let him out. And they have nothing to do all day. It seems like if you want to rehabilitate people you would start while they can not go anywhere else.

I don't think our prison system is now or has ever been about rehabilitation. I think it is a warehouse for "troublemakers" and a source of slave labor.

@OpposingOpposum itt is a great way to make a lot of money, don't forget the money, that is all that counts. Keep the costs down profits up.

@dalefvictor It was all about the money. He is not my favorite person but I still felt bad for him.

@GreatNani It is all about the transfer of tax dollars to supporters, the purchasing of influence, and the the transfer of cash to those who own the prison. Anything that the inmates could do would cost money and keep profits down.

My sister does prison ministry work in the UK. I have to ask her about this.

@DeeTee I didn't but I will right now!

Unfortunately, it’s difficult to get people who aren’t in prison or have no family or friends in prison to care about what goes on in prisons.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:158163
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.