Agnostic.com

4 0

New Study: Global Warming Caused by ‘Cosmic Rays’ from Outer Space
[westernjournal.com]

dc65 7 Jan 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Lololol..sorry the article and the 'family values, conserative/libertarian" journal are weak,at best,in presenting a shred of of verifiable evidence in it's attempt to link cosmic ray interaction with micro aerosols as a major factor in climate change.
As is pointed out In the article the lead scientist conducted the experiment in a cloud chamber.

I trust old science to new science. The science of climate change has been established over DECADES. It’s not going to be disproven by one new study. It might be disproven over a decade of new studies showing the opposite.

Whenever I see an article about a promising new treatment for cancer or something I’m thinking to myself it’s a 50-50 chance at least that this direction won’t pan out. Scientific advancement is marked by failure, and true results are built out over many different studies with different facets of the issue being studied and then the metadata is the compelling evidence

Myah Level 6 Jan 18, 2018

This isn't new and it is almost certainly wrong.

[skepticalscience.com]

I did not look at the article because I am extremely skeptical of its argument. I've now heard it debunked for 10 years. It doesn't rise to the level of real science. If you give a reference to a peer reviewed Scientific Journal article I would consider looking but would still remain extremely skeptical.

Now that the political picture has changed the people will hear some new ideas about climate change. Please read my posts about Judith Curry. I find her to be an interesting person with some different views on climate change. I started following her blog. Because she is saying there is so much we do not know about climate change and we still need to do a lot of research and understand the climate system and weather systems much better.

Regardless of what is causing global warming, we should still do what we can to minimize it.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:15962
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.