Agnostic.com

3 4

Carbon Credit Offsets

Who else finds allowing companies to purchase carbon credits to offset their output of pollutants to be a farce? I mean it isn't as if they are actually reducing their polluting of our world.

misstuffy 7 Jan 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I don’t necessarily mind it. There is some practical reasons for us still polluting. I still drive a car. I still have non renewable electricity running my house. I could buy carbon credits or address every polluting thing I do directly (which honestly in modern life is a lot of detailed work or significant cut back in standard of living). It’s the net impact that matters.

That being said, carbon credits could be designed better. If it’s not having an impact on the net pollution then it isn’t doing it’s job.

Myah Level 6 Jan 18, 2018

Well said. We all pollute one way or another. Either directly or non-directly.

Sorta is a back door strategy rewarding low polluters with private money so they can expand their business with less pollution with the funds from the high polluters. ...it sucks but it was the only law Greens could get past the polluter bribed lawmakers

Indeed. I think such b.s. will go on until it reaches a point that we have to actively remove CO2 from the atmosphere. Who knows when that will happen?

CO2 willl not become a health problem until it goes over 8000 ppm the space station allows up to 5000 ppm. By that time we should have alternate energy sources in place.

@dc65 Until you start backing up your assertions with reliable sources, I can't take anything you say seriously.

@bingst the added co2 adds to global warming and that is an issue. Sure we can breathe the air but....

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:15994
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.