Agnostic.com

2 1

QUESTION Meet “raw” water—ludicrously priced unfiltered water with random bacteria | Ars Technica

Natural water sources are vulnerable to all manner of natural pathogens. These include any bacteria, viruses, and parasites normally found in water or shed from nearby flora and fauna, such as Legionella and Giardia lamblia. They also can easily pick up environmental contaminants and naturally occurring hazards such as radiation from certain mineral deposits. Under the Safe Drinking Water Act, the EPA has set standards and regulations for 90 different contaminants in tap water, including microorganisms, disinfectants, and radionuclides. And for bottled water, the Food and Drug Administration has set standards and can inspect bottling facilities. But such assurances aren’t in place for scouted spring water.

zblaze 7 Jan 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Stephen Colbert did a segment on that last night. If your interested:

gearl Level 8 Jan 17, 2018

thats where I heard it. sheesh

You bet, watched it last night and was going to add it to my posts from yesterday. Thanks gearl.

These trends make me laugh. I grew up drinking water that I could smell the chlorine in. I still drink tap water. I ain't skeered.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:16041
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.