Agnostic.com

5 0

Dinner prayer

If you’re eating dinner with Christians and they do the whole prayer thing before. Do u join in with ‘em or just start eating?

Dewlivius 4 Aug 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I just ignore the prayer, but do not eat until it is over. Simple courtesy.

It doesn't bother me a bit to pretend for a minute while my mind drift away towards sinful lovely things

I try to be respectful toward people. When friends say grace, I quietly look around while their heads are bowed. Teenagers catch my eye and grin.

Friends know I am an atheist. They love and accept me for who I am. The feeling is mutual.

I try to avoid the situation to begin with . Failing that , I wait impatiently , and irritably for them to conclude their invocation .

I wait respectfully, with my eyes open, and my head un-bowed. And silently , I feel my own attitude of gratitude that I have food to eat - as many do not.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:161033
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.