Agnostic.com

5 2

Well Im down sick (still) and on meds for it BUT work doesnt stop on the farm and despite what the Doctor says I have to take care of the critters and can not stay in bed. There are days when I consider quitting when it all just gets to be too much but the need to make a living trumps quitting.
I had triplets born tonight, the third DOA and the other two are in my bed getting warmed up before I give them their colostrum. One is destined to be a little girls 4H project. (donated)
Addendum: I did one last barn check a few minutes ago and that doe dropped a fourth buckling and he is alive and in the house with his brothers.

misstuffy 7 Jan 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I feel for you. And I fully understand the need to be there for any animals under your care ! Animal caretakers don't get "sick days" - ever !

You are so right there. Last year my doctor put me on bed rest for exhaustion this time of year. My friend Glenn ( a city boy) came down and took care of my livestock, brought groceries and medicines and took care of me and I was able to just sleep for several days straight. My one and only time I got sick days from the animals.

Feel better! 🙂

Hope you get better soon.

I am working on it.

Awe I'm sorry that you are sick.

Thank you, I am getting to old for this. I have decided to cut down my herd in half.

Thank you

Get well soon...

Thanks, I have been sick since Christmas, having to be in and out in this bitter cold doesnt help and as soon as I am well I will be going back to work.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:16197
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.