Agnostic.com

6 2

I have maintained for some time that being raised Roman Catholic is fertile ground for creating agnostics. Does anyone else share this view?

RichardAP 4 Jan 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I agree. I am a recovered Catholic, 2 decades free of that nonsense. Getting detention from nuns as punishment for asking questions they couldn't give a logical answer to sent me out the door for good.

It worked for me!

Is there a reason you say that? Personally, I just think it depends on the person. Most of the people I knew growing up (friends & family) still go to church every Sunday.

Worked pretty well for me. That, and actually reading the bible.

I attended catholic school, I was not raised catholic. By 6th grade I was already convinced of who I will be the rest of my life. I don't go around wondering how I got here or what triggered it there. I left god behind back then and that is good enough for me still, now. Don't mean to be rude but god is not a philosophy question to me or a mystery I will keep pondering about until I die. Simply... been dropped.

Catholicism is the best philosophically supported Christian religion. That would make anyone think, within its tradition. Of course, we’re not talking the average parishioner.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:16288
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.