Agnostic.com

17 2

How comfortable are you with intimacy with a partner in a relationship?

There are many levels of intimacy beyond those related to having sex. How comfortable are you with nudity? Are you capable of talking about the most intimate of things, emotions and thoughts? How do you feel about PDA's *public displays of affection? as a few examples.

HeathenFarmer 8 Oct 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

17 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I appreciate your (implied) attitude. I am very comfortable with nudity. I especially value talking about the most intimate things, thoughts, and emotions. I am also very comfortable with PDAs, as long as my “partner” is, and as long as we are not in any “great” danger running afoul of the law, for no good reason(?)

Down with anything that my partner would love.
Walter

Hot is hot, & when that come together it is more than just sex.

There is nothing more beautiful than your body.

The more open that you are with another will take you to a place that is common for both.

To me it is not a complete relationship unless there is open and honest intimacy. In my last relationship there were only the two of us so nudity, anywhere (even outside) was not a problem. She was in a previous marriage and her partner was closed minded and somewhat abusive. She craved a real, intimate relationship and was open to sharing feelings, thoughts, and everything that comes with being intimate.

An addition to one comment; we have a small piece of property on an island which afforded us a degree of privacy. We had an outdoor shower, made love outside and even peed outside (being in the open or woods adds an extra dimension to those things). PDA's within reason (being older often the young people would go ugh!)

Always spontaneous is the best.

I am open to all of that , that is what I actually look for in a person , I love sharing emotions and feelings , nudity is so much fun ...

Ricky Level 3 Nov 11, 2017

I am very comfortable and open , warm caring , fun , interesting and in shape for an old guy ...

Ricky Level 3 Nov 11, 2017

I crave intimacy and intimacy scares the holy shit out of me. For me, love is pain. I sometimes wonder if the right person could make me feel different but I’m too nervous/depressed most of the time to actively meet new people.

Were you hurt badly by someone?

If the stars align - anything goes ...

Aaaaanything?

Very comfortable. For me, sharing intimate emotions and thoughts are the life's blood of the relationship. If we can't be open about our minds and hearts, then, seriously, what's the point? And so many times I have found that what has begun to feel like a roadblock in the relationship becomes a gateway to a whole new level of intimacy and understanding simply because I was able to find the words to express my emerging concern (or she about hers), communication channels opened, and mutual comprehension ensued.

Such PDA's as hand-holding, hugging and kissing briefly I treasure highly - I think it's important that a couple be able to affirm themselves in public that way; whether I'm comfortable with a longer kiss or anything more suggestive, though, depends upon exactly what kind of public space I'm in and/or how much light there is. Mostly I'm not all that comfortable with more, but situations do vary.

I'm a naturist, so I'm very comfortable with nudity. In fact, I treasure it as incredibly liberating and life-affirming, and I would hope my partner would feel the same. Intertwining in the nude for cuddling, napping or sleeping, i e, without sex being in the offing, is also something that I wouldn't want to do without. That skin-to-skin contact is so incredibly beautiful all by itself.

way too comfortable for my own good !

LOL

Depends on the person, different levels of comfort depending on how close i feel to the person

I like all that shit . Bring it on. But plenty of wonen don't so I have to concede more than I'd like.

SamL Level 7 Oct 17, 2017

I am very affectionate and sexual with a partner, but I know how to behave in public. I do not make others feel uncomfortable, but hugs, hand holding, a kiss, are all appropriate. In private, I am very sexual. Every night doesn't have to be an Olympic event, but mutual pleasure brings a couple closer. Of course there is so much more to being a couple and all of it is important. Intimacy also is communication, friendship, support, sharing of feelings, and life being even happier because you are in each other's lives.

My level of comfort depends on how clase we are and how long we've been together. I have mo problems with PDA

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:1646
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.