Agnostic.com

2 1

Stupid beliefs

Iranian government's God ruined my life, I'm hate of their religion , what can I do?

Hamangodfree 3 Aug 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If I could emigrate, Canada is high on my list, and not just because it's closer to me. Canada rates high on many indices of quality of life... higher than the US. [immigroup.com]

However, from what I've heard, these are the best countries to be an atheist.
[salon.com]

I don't know what you've been through, and I would never minimize it. But blaming your unhappiness on things you have no control over is just guaranteeing you will be permanently unhappy. Even in a country run by fundamentalist Mullahs, no one can control your thoughts or beliefs, only your outward conformance. Learn to be free in between your ears. All of us have to work with reality as it is, not as we wish it to be.

It's that easy ... and that hard. If I were in a theocratic state, I would want to physically escape it. I understand that. But the best revenge is a life well lived ... and such a life is possible if you're free within yourself. You've already discovered that religion can't free you. But YOU can do it for yourself.

Thanks for your reply, you can't live happy when every second of life , desperation and fear inject to your brain, you can't have motivation to continue future when surrounding by superstitions, you can't feel comfy when predators have , guns and microphone, I'm really hate of them, their beliefs, their God but I can't do anything, I can't convince my self I'm happy but I feel empty inside my self,
Yes you are right , I'm not happy because their system hostage me.
I want go a place that there isn't any belief or people on it, without any god

@Hamangodfree I think you've found a place , here to spend time with others who also don't believe in any kind of God . Is there any way you can leave Iran ? Finding a different place to live would also be a good way to change your surroundings that so greatly affect your mind .

@Hamangodfree Sadly, America is no longer the beacon of freedom it once was, and much of the West is also in the grip of nationalism and xenophobia. What is your training, education and profession? Can you find a sponsor perhaps someplace like one of the Scandanavian countries?

@mordant, @Cast1es I've studied computer and electrical science and was water treatment operator, after USA sanctions many european companies left here and l lost my job, now I'm fitness instructor in some private Gym. I'm going to get visa from France and then try to move Germany or Sweden, but those immigration process legally is really difficult and easily may reject you and also if I can get there it's hard to stay there legally, but I want to try it and if unsuccessful then try illegally. Finally if I move one of those countries I must pretend that I'm new person who is interested Christian religion but in fact this is dishonesty manner and only a tool for staying there . I think a person in this world controls by some peoples that forces religion to person's brain,

@Hamangodfree Compared to the US, Germany and Sweden are relatively irreligious. Even here in the US, in certain areas, you can go for months without having to fake interest in Christianity even a little. The problem with the US is getting in at all anymore, even if you follow all the legal processes to seek asylum. Particularly if you're perceived as Muslim or Arab.

On the one hand, despite all that, there's a house just a block from me with two yard signs:

No matter where you're from, we're glad you're here

Hate has no place in this home

The other side of that, is that Immigrations and Customs Enforcement (ICE) have crept in to this sanctuary city at night and snatched people away. Just like in Iran. Maybe they don't yet quite disappear into some torture facility, to be broken or just quietly disappear; they are mostly held in poor conditions indefinitely until they can be deported. In your case, probably right back to Iran. So I definitely don't recommend the US, at least until a future new administration reverses the horrible policies and practices of Trumpism -- even though a good percentage of us are good, decent, kind, welcoming people, a slightly greater percentage are not.

But I definitely think that you can function in most Western European societies without taking an overt religious stance. Your biggest problem will likely be an assumption that you're Muslim, and a minority of people will equate that with being radicalized and therefore a threat. If I were you I'd try not to look too "ripped" in public and be as unintimidating as possible, and try to be culturally assimilated, perfect your command of the local language and the accent, and just generally be friendly and non-threatening, gainfully employed and responsible, make friends outside the Persian communities as well as within, etc., and you should be fine. Also, you have this advantage: you'll have no problem denouncing your former religion, should someone ever make an issue of it.

I see that you have a good plan and wish you well on it. I hope you will keep us posted on your progress and let us cheer you on via this site. You are a brother to us.

As a career software developer, if I can be any sort of sounding board for any ambitions you have in that direction, feel free to private message me!

@mordant thanks for guidance and take your time for me, ?

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:165157
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.