Agnostic.com

4 0

Is there an Afterlife?...

phxbillcee 10 Jan 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If there is one, I don't want what Prager and his ilk are selling. I don't like the crappy dichotomy of "a good place" and "a bad place", too simplistic and childish of an idea with all the rules that come with it.

I really wanted to backhand Prager over his remarks about us living on in the memories of our loved ones. Calling that stuff meaningless because it's not some selfish reward idea only shows his narrow view of reality and how much of a prick he is.

His closing remarks also show his true character, and all those that share the same idea. "If this is all there is, then I'd go mad. How would YOU not go mad?"

Maybe because I'm not a prick Denny boy. I have a bloody conscience and more broad view of life than you. Your outlook on life is no different than an dog appeasing its master for a treat, and that is truly sad.

Well said, CL!

No, no, no, no. NOt Prager! Please spare us.

No - there is no afterlife. Your consciousness comes from your brain - no brain - no conscious.

gater Level 7 Jan 20, 2018

In a dream two nights ago, someone blasted off the back of my head with a shotgun. I was in the mob and had done something they weren't happy with. I fell and was wondering what to do because I didn't want to make the damage worse ( while wondering if I was going to survive). I was preparing myself for death when the mob boss came and almost held me but just dipped my finger tips in something so there would be no evidence ( I'm assuming). I was quivering in pain, then my conciousness transferred to this world and I thought that has to be death in a nutshell. Of course that might happen one day and I won't realize I slipped into the darkness but it has been on my mind.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:16813
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.