Agnostic.com

2 1

Science (based on evidence) versus faith (indoctrination from someone else, in my experience). Anyone else have an opinion on this?

I travel all over the world with work, and there is a marked difference in the religious beliefs, I find. The country that I still cannot understand (I'm from the UK) is the USA. I constantly come across creationists and other "affiliations" that are off the scale when it comes to uninformed opinions that reject science. And that, to me, seems the crux ...

zanyfish 6 Oct 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Trying to explain why you choose faith over reasoning is interesting, using logic to explain that you shouldn't trust logic, its a funny idea

It is a strange nation that embraces ignorance, while rejecting science. It is not that ignorance exists in the people of a nation but, that so, much of it exists across that entire nation. Baffle me as well and I live next door to them.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:1687
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.