Agnostic.com

7 4

God=Aliens=Humans traveling time?

There are so many different representations of god throughout history, in many different cultures and civilizations, and the vast majority of them come from "up there" (the sky, the sun, the stars, etc.)
There are also many civilizations that seemed to represent their gods as arriving in flying vesels.
On a different note, our current science knowledge tells us that the universe is larger that what most of us can grasp.
It is almost ridiculous to believe that we are the one and only intelligent life form in the universe.
So considering all this, I have a silly theory (not scientific of course) that leads me to believe that it's possible, the gods that people throughout history claim to have seen or even interacted with, are in fact evolved humans from the future, that learned to warp time, and came to visit to either assist in our development or maybe just for their entertainment.
Of course you see similar theories represented in movies or TV shows like the beginning of the last Star Trek movie or even in one of Seth McFarland space comedy show episodes (the name escapes me at the moment)
So what do you think? Is it possible that we are our own gods?

Dionisio 3 Jan 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have come across this idea before, perhaps in something that Paul Davies wrote, but I haven't been able to find the reference. The notion can be extended to the idea that the evolved intelligence has actually been involved in setting up the universe with the necessary fine-tuning to support their own future existence. The evolved intelligence, of course, need not necessarily be human.

Ummm..no

More like Aliens are god.

"I'm not of this world"

Unexplainable pain tolerance.

Impregnating a 15 year old virgin by your spirit.

Being part of a Trinity of three.

God sounds like an alien to me if he/she were real to begin with.

the earth could be an experiment to see what the human aliens would do to natural life on a healthy planet.

This is what I'm thinking as well.

great minds think alike

I've often wondered if we were an alien kid's science fair project.

I can't really entertain it as possible, just because the grandfather paradox would be terribly difficult to control if we went back and tinkered in our own development. But it's a fun idea otherwise. Why don't you write a story about it? Novel or short story, or a series of stories? I think it has potential (and as fiction you could compensate for the grandfather paradox or even make that a central conflict of your plot).

i personally believe that ancient gods are representations of social issues that existed in those periods, gaining importance depending on the severity of the issue or its importance in the society. in other words people made up bigger more powerful people they could beg to fix things that the people couldn't fix. its either that or there is a pan galactic civilization that has been periodically visiting us for fun.

Anything is possible.
Why do they have to be evolved humans from the future. They could just be aliens from the then present in that vast universe that is likely to have other life, quite possibly much more technological than ourselves? That's assuming that one of those civilisations have the technology to travel the far reaches of space in a reasonable time frame

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:17021
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.