Agnostic.com

8 1

On a scale from 1-8 how much of a militant atheist are you?

• 0 votes
  • 3 votes
  • 2 votes
  • 0 votes
  • 1 vote
  • 0 votes
  • 1 vote
  • 0 votes
Hugene2002 7 Oct 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Although I've only expressed my opinion for friends in private, I intend to do more in steps. I do believe religion is poison and should be wiped off the face of the earth, ideally. If there was a clean way to wipe the idea off without hurting the living beings.

I would die for my right and the rights of others. But I wouldn't use violence. Or.. does supporting government's military action come under "use of violence"? Hmm. I would support military action to stop a (real) nuclear threat, which is likely to come from a religiously guided end-of-times death cult.

I would die to take down religion. Period. Religion is the most poisonous organized group and concept on the planet. It must be demolished.

None of the above, I don't want religious people prostlisizing me or judging me. I can't expect that kind of respect from them if I don't give them the same respect. My religious friends know I'm an atheist. They also know I respect their right to practice their beliefs and expect the same in return.

I must admit that I am not usually bothered to try and proselytise, but I am always happy to debate those that would try to convert me or other atheists back to religion.

I am not at all concerned about changing the beliefs of others. I know what I know and believe what I believe - I don;t want others to try and pursued me to accept their beliefs, I really don't want to enforce my beliefs upon others. I am "out" as an atheist, with no hesitation.

I'm somewhere around the 3rd option. I would attend a public meeting about atheism if there was one nearby and I vote for atheists if I agree with their other policies. Family and friends know I'm an atheist and it's not a big deal, some of them are too. I don't usually put down religious people but I was tempted when my brother said he was sorry for me for not believing in god.

Same as Paul: some of these aren't mutually exclusive . I'm like a 6.5. I voted the poison one, but sometimes I try a lil' bit, na' waht I'm sayin', to... like... throw them a bone, but none too hard. The good ol' college try to objectively analyze the contributions of religious collectives... which I then dilute with an insult.

I could have selected multiple categories. 2-6 fit me. This really isn't a scale of how militant I am it's what parameters match my idea of what atheism is to me and what I'm willing to do.

Yep, I couldn't think of a catchier question so rather than just 'how atheist are you' I thought 'how militant atheist are you' was a bit more thought provoking. Dying to see if anyone votes 8 (excuse the pun)

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:1707
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.