Agnostic.com

1 2

Why does doing the right thing often lead to trouble?

So my brother has been the primary care giver for our father who has dementia and left leg amputated. We have tried to get him into a nursing home, but our father refuses and we have received no actual help from the authorities. When the sheriff's department called and said they may have to arrest our father because he threatened the life of the sheriff's secretary, we responded, please do so we can get him into a nursing home. They said to see the coroner. We did and were told that unless we could prove he was a danger there was nothing they could do. When we later reported him almost burning the house down, they said we had waited just a few too many hours to report it. When we again reported him almost burning the house down within the reporting period, they scared my brother out of completing the report saying that officers would have to arrest with guns drawn and my brother was afraid of a shoot out. So when dad refuses to go to his doctor's appointment and for three straight days of cramping himself and my brother cleaning him up 6 to 7 times a day, dad refuses to be cleaned up, my brother calls to ask what to do. I tell him to call ambulance. Dad refuses, but I tell him to call anyway. For this they arrest my brother. WTF?

KDrake 5 Sep 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

" No good deed shall go unpunished ."

This is what I say to myself whenever I am doing a good deed....and then I wait!!!!

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:171933
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.