Agnostic.com

3 3

Hello,
Just a heads up. I don't know if you know about this or if anyone else has messaged you.
It seems I've been needing to approve level 6 and 7 comments more and more often. Maybe I'm in the right place at the right time I don't know.

Paul628 8 Jan 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I don’t think the newer peeps know it is part of being a higher up level. I also don’t think people want to approve posts. I approve a lot myself. I also agree that some people have been reported, and need their posts approved. I hope I never fall into this category.

@Admin, your thoughts, on high and mighty computer guru?

Yep, there was a bug that I think I just fixed where comments that shouldn't need member 6+ approval were showing up. We do have a system that puts members on 2 week probation if they get too many reports (weighted by the level of the reporter) which just means that their comments are read (ok, skimmed) before they go live. I probably need to tweak the algorithm a bit.

I don't think any of us here has ever done anything to be reported. I swear sometimes, but if someone is that sensitive about that, they can have those words automatically redacted by the click of a mouse.

@AMGT I'm pretty sure it's a bug, I don't know if the admins know it's happening though.

Either it's a bug, or some very spiteful person or cabal is reporting super members needlessly. There's no way all those peeps are getting reported legitimately.

Same. Just assumed it was a "perk" (or responsibility?) of reaching level 6, because that's when it seemed to start for me. Don't get why I'm asked to approve comments from those of a higher level, tho...

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:17211
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.