Agnostic.com

1 0

LINK The Humanist Dilemma: Family Friends with a Side of Salvation - TheHumanist.com

FTA: Recently, their sixteen-year-old daughter, the same age as our daughter, decided to become a missionary. She seems to have chosen our girl to practice on. My daughter says every time we get together, her friend asks her if she has accepted Jesus yet, and my daughter tells her she hasn’t and doesn’t plan to. Although that seems to dampen the discussion until the next time, it’s making my daughter uncomfortable, and she has started to avoid getting together with this girl. Over the years, we’ve had one child or another missing for various gatherings, but it will be awkward if my daughter begs off every time we’re invited to do something with them. I also won’t be able to invite them to our home unless our daughter or theirs won’t be present.

zblaze 7 Sep 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

tell the parents, or the daughter directly, that you daughter doesn't want to be around people that try to convert her. if that is something they can't respect, they don't respect you or your daughter. that's it.

I am not friends with anyone who thinks I not only will receive, but DESERVE, eternal torture. that would be the opposite of "friend" to me.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:173981
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.