Agnostic.com

8 3

Are you a volunteer?

Tell us what you do!
I am teaching a personal finance course to high schoolers 1 hour a week for the Junior Achievement program, and I am also volunteering on the weekends for my state's democratic party mid-term elections campaign.

LilAtheistLady 7 Sep 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have done pro bono computer programming work for some non-profit organizations.

Blood donor. Work for Democrats, try to be around at least once a week now. 4 or more days a week on an online site I help monitor and give suggestions for those suffering depression, as I have been in that situation.

I volunteer on the Unitarian Universalist Trauma Response Ministry, and we help people in congregations dealing with traumatic events like a member’s suicide or a fire, etc. I’m also on my town’s Community Emergency Reponse Team, and do lots of pro bono work in y professional field.

UUNJ Level 8 Sep 8, 2018

Last April with two other volunteers, we registered 74 students to vote during four Wenatchee High School lunch hours. We will do it again in September and October.

Since 2006 as a volunteer, I have been helping low income, first generation students write essays for college and scholarship applications. One of my best success stories is Brenda, who won $269,445 in scholarships in 2016.

Last May, I won the first Scholarship Rockstar award from the Wenatchee High School College Mentor program. I'm second from the left.

I took three young women I previously mentored on a short hike in Icicile Gorge, WA in June.

In August, 2018, I was featured in an article in the Wenatchee World newspaper. It thrills me to send these kids to college.

Being a college mentor is the most rewarding volunteer work I have ever done. These kids have big dreams.

Students are studying to become- and some already are: civil engineer, psychologist, medical doctor, pediatrician, pathologist, neurosurgeon, nurse, teacher, accountant and more.

Great work! 🙂

@LilAtheistLady

Thank you, dear.

New to the area, I’ve volunteered keeping a stretch of road clean, restoring a 200 year old home, providing logistics for an energy conscience do-gooder organization, trail building for another do-gooder group, landscape restoration for another.. And someone who shows up for the Democrats even when there’s no pending election 🙂

Varn Level 8 Sep 8, 2018

i work with County Elections Department to register voters, especially at citizenship ceremonies at the Federal Courthouse.

I volunteer at my sons JH and HS... also at a women’s shelter and immunization clinics. I’m recently getting more involved in politics. I logged more than 600 hours of time at just the Junior High last year.

I volunteer at the county Democratic headquarters. I reached the point where simply complaining about how things are just wasn't enough. Time for action.

Deb57 Level 8 Sep 8, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:174437
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.