Agnostic.com

14 1

Being the Cheater

Have you ever been the cause of a good thing gone bad? Have you cheated on a guy/girl who loved you and broke their heart?

ProudHeathen 5 Oct 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yes, its cost me more than i care to admit.

Ditto

You realize of course that most everyone has had affairs. Love and commitment to another person come in various.forms. If I tell you I love you you have become part of my family. I will help or do whatever it takes to make your life better. Jealousy is evil in our society because all you need is love. I think the beatles said that a while back. <"/

Nope. It's hard enough for me to form and maintain a single romantic relationship. Why in the hell am I going to try to juggle more than one, or put the relationship at risk by being stupid?

yep and I got away with it . an understanding wife . Her heart is still a little damaged

Ive been the cause but not because of cheating

Good lord, no!

bls63 Level 2 Oct 19, 2017

I never did, but I wrote this earlier today on FB "The Donald gives more excuses than my ex wife after she cheated with my best friend." does this help lol.

When I was in high school, I cheated on my high school girlfriend. She found out about through the grapevine, I denied it she believed me until I did again with her sister and she caught us. I stayed faithful to my wife for 27 years until she passed.

I don't think that cheating is a deal breaker. I've been in relationships where I've been cheated on. It is when they lied about it that I felt really betrayed. If a person doesnt' care enough to be honest with me, then they don't care enough to be with me.

that's probably why I got away with it as I didn't lie when i could have easily

Any lie could turn into a big lie. I stop investing in people like that. The truth might hurt, but it’s real.

Never have and here's why.
Get cheated on and have your heart stomped on. Happened to me and I wish she would have just broken up with me rather than sneaking around with someone else behind my back.

That cured me of ever even thinking about cheating on someone.

No, but I've been the victim of it. My relationship of 10 years (marriage of 4 years) ended with her cheating. It was honestly pretty unexpected. It made the divorce easier as I didn't really miss the woman after that. It's strange, but the loss of my most recent girlfriend was far harder to deal with as we had much more in common. I have, however, been in a love triangle and that was a hot mess. I felt I was justified as they were actually broken up at the time. It still was a bad idea though. I wouldn't recommend it.

Unless you count complimenting other women than no I've never cheated. I was tempted before from the dissatisfaction with the relationship I was in but I did and would end it before doing anything with anyone else.

Tough question as "cheating" is defined differently by different people. I have never engaged in adultery as it is defined by most state laws (or the same act(s) while in an unmarried relationship).

never cheated as in having sex or a secret relationship. But I did blow off an old girlfriend several times to go to strip clubs with my friend and lied to her about it (actually just omitted the info but still the same because I did not come clean).

Eventually I told her and it ended the relationship. I really hurt her and still feel bad to this day 24 years later (I was only 23 then)

on a side note: My friends actually got mad at me for teller her because they were afraid she was going to tell their GFs who she was friends with also. Well she did not.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:1760
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.