Agnostic.com

5 0

This is not a suggestion, but a thought. How about a Minority Party. Anyone could join and support, but must be a minority to represent. It would instantly turn all minorities into the majority.

CharlesAhrens 4 Jan 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I am not sure what a minority is, since we keep changing the definition to suit our arguments. Maybe we can all just be humans, how about that?

@CharlesAhrens what does "descent" mean? What does "Caucasian" mean? What does "Stole" mean? Words have definitions.

Does "descent" mean one ancestor one time? Does it mean 100% of the ancestry? If a person is 1/8 white and 7/8 black are they decedent from blacks or whites or both?

What does Caucasian mean? Can you with 100% accuracy point to a person and say that person is a Caucasian and that other person is not?

What does "Stole" mean? If my ancestors arrived in 1940 and lived in Florida did they steal that land? What if my ancestors were Native American but invaded another tribe and took their land is that still stealing? When does land go from a state of stolen to non-stolen?

All this stuff is on par with horoscopes, with sloppy definitions, lots of emotions, and no grounding in the physical world. There is no genetic test for Caucasian.

Lets all just be humans.

@CharlesAhrens Based on your definition of Descendant all of humanity comes from monkeys. No races 🙂

Based on your definition of Caucasian anyone on earth with "light" skin who had one ancestor one time in europe (even a plane layover) is Caucasian.

You didnt answer my question about stealing.

I argue semantics because I noticed long ago that people hide poorly thought out ideas behind loosely defined words. The religious do it all the time.

only issue I have with that is, there are a lot of folks who may not be a 'minority' by traditional definitions, but would gladly be on board to support and help.

Well factually, the US by 2020 will be a majority of minorities but I must agree with the fact that ,as an atheist, I reject the idea of creation by god. Ergo I believe we are all of the same species in the very large world of nature and the universe. No other way to view this is there?

EMC2 Level 8 Jan 23, 2018

Illuminati: don't effing move

Are we all a member of some minority group?

Admin Level 8 Jan 23, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:17683
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.