Agnostic.com

4 6

LINK Rich People Broke America and Never Paid the Price - VICE

Get up. Get out in the streets and demand change. It is the only way we can fix this.

OpposingOpposum 9 Sep 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This is my opinion
a couple of key things must happen to turn the tide:
Pass an anti-corruption law: [anticorruptionact.org]
Remove the Corporate person-hood status (repeal Citizen United vs FEC)
Make it unconstitutional to have all three houses be held by the same party.
Laws with less than a super-majority should have an automatic (5-6 year) sunset clause (i.e. to be re-voted after an election)

Totally agree.

THe GDP is up because the gains the wealthy made destroy the average for the lower and middle classes which have had a decline in wages.They have never paid their fair share and the 15000 super wealthy have made their money on the backs of the rest of the population. They now hold money they will never spend and will give it to their heirs tax free because of trumpers tax reform which places the country deeper in debt.A revolt of some kind is developing and it will be nasty.

You aren't wrong

I love your activism and what you are trying to do, but we, as a society are too comfortable, too ignorant, too easily distracted and too lazy to inconvenience ourselves even for our own good.

It's like the final days of the Roman Empire. Don't worry about the Visigoths; the legions will protect us. Now quit worrying and come watch the chariot races with me.

JimG Level 8 Sep 13, 2018

I need a laugh cry emoji. We could fix things if we just got off our collective asses. That's what is so frustrating.

@OpposingOpposum I think JimG is right there. too many are Comfortably Numb, or even uncomfortably numb. best hope we got is the vote. yet considering who's in charge of deciding who we get to vote on the future of America is rather bleak, at least in terms of the American experiment. Canada is looking better all the time.

@hankster there are many of us who are not and just need prodding to do something. I see stuff about this on social media and hear people talking about these issues all the time. We just need to mobilize. People are mad enough to go shoot places up, we just need to channel that anger constructively

@OpposingOpposum I wish you the best with that, but I still say the vote is your only real option.

I hope that more people see the light and that the democrats does become the party of the people as we need their aid to accomplish anything for the people.

@OpposingOpposum ?

@JimG well, it's true

@OpposingOpposum I know, but isn't that the emoji you requested?😉

@JimG yes, thank you

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:177906
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.