Agnostic.com

3 1

QUESTION Female journalist goes undercover at posh ‘men only’ London fundraiser, reports widespread groping - The Washington Post

Waiting to see anyone comments "men will be men..." or even worse, "boys will be boys...." Snort!

BookDeath 8 Jan 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I've served food at quite a few high class social events in a men only club, both large and small, with and without ladies present and have never been mistreated in such a way, or heard of anyone that was. It sounds like the organiser knew what they were expecting and that means this group had done things like this before. They should be ashamed that they didn't stop it after the first instance. ( I didn't read to the bottom of the article, the man handling was bad enough!)

Sickened... Another example of abusing power. Both gender and wealth.

I remember being drilled on army parade grounds. The drill sergeant was shouting insults at just about any squaddie he could lay his eyes on. On inspecting soldiers' dress, if he noticed something from behind the soldier and was going to adjust it, he would say loudly "I am going to touch you" before adjusting a collar or whatever. Obviously these high fliers should be taught how to behave and if they are wanting to touch someone they should ask for consent loudly.

The Dorchester hotel hired the wrong kind of service for the event? Maybe they should have held it in a brothel where such behaviour could be anticipated and more importantly the servers consented?

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:17887
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.